Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Funny Things My Students Say and Do

Today we were heading down the long hall to get on the bus. A first grade class nearby was traveling first, so I stopped my class to let them all pass. That class had a substitute on this rainy day. They were not walking in their typical straight line and they were not quiet! Many sounded like they were on the playground and some were bouncing all over the place. As we watched the line, one of my second grade boys patted me on the back and waved his other hand out to present this group to me and said, "Ms. O., and meet your second grade students for next year." I looked at him and smiled and said, "Why thank you for getting me so excited for next year on our 9th day of school." His reply: "Don't worry, they won't all be yours. Some will go to Mrs. White and quite a few of them will probably stay back!" What a perceptive little boy! I love this kid. He makes my day-every day. It's going to be a great year.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when you get kids who have that dry sense of humor! I laughed out when I overheard one my students while they were playing with play-doh. He said, "I ate a lot of play-doh at my babysitter's once. Then I puked." :)

    ReplyDelete