I had an abundance of tomatoes this year and I didn't need to can any stewed tomatoes, so I decided to make some delicious salsa.
- First I dipped the tomatoes in hot water to get the skins loose and removed all the skins.
- Then I cut up all the veggies: I added onions, red peppers, green peppers and hot peppers.
- The onions get me every single time. After the tears were wiped away, I dumped everything into the big pot and added some pepper.
- The salsa simmered for a few hours and the whole house smelled incredible!
- When the salsa was ready, I processed the jars on my barbecue grill stove because my house stove can't handle such a large canner.