Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Morning Warm-Up 7/9/12

Hello, teachers! I can't believe it's already mid-summer! I don't know about you, but this does not please me AT ALL.

At the beginning of the project, I asked you all to describe a kitchen of your childhood. Today, I'm going to ask you to describe a room of importance to you NOW. It could be a family room, an office, a kitchen of your adulthood, your classroom... Whatever place makes you feel happy when you are in it, for whatever reason. Then follow these steps:

1. Make a list of all the important objects in the room. Write down as many things as you can. Don't worry if these won't make sense to anyone else. Just write them down.

2. Now look! You have a poem! Admire it.

3. But that's not all! Now you have a list of items that each tells its own story. Pick one now, and tell it. Then share!

Kitchen
Vitamix
Food Processor
Coffee Maker
FAGE Plain Greek Yogurt in fridge
Radio
Tea
Raw Honey
Daughters' pictures
Hardwood Floor

Greek Yogurt,
Oh, Greek Yogurt
I love you.
A sliced banana on the bottom
Smothered with a huge dollop of
plain FAGE on top
Cinnamon sprinkled all over
Creamy
Delicious
My kind of snack

No comments:

Post a Comment